Business Visa to the U.S.

B-1 visas are non-immigrant visas for business visitors. Such visitors are usually permitted to do business in the US such as attending conferences, negotiating transactions, attending business meetings, negotiating contracts, etc. They are not allowed to work in the US.

E-2 Investor visa.

E2 visas are temporary work visas for business investors and other employees of organizations/companies who come to the U.S. to invest substantial capital in the American market. The investment must be for the purpose of making a profit and to ensure a successful business operation. E2 visas are available only to citizens of countries with which the U.S. signed an agreement.

E-1 Treaty Traders.

E1 visas are temporary visas for the directors of companies who come to the U.S. to oversee the conduct of international trade business.  A typical business includes the sale of goods, providing services, insurance, transportation, technology and banking services. E1 visas are available only to citizens of countries with which the U.S. signed an agreement.

Conditions for obtaining E1 visas.

To obtain this type of visa the applicant must be citizens of one of the following countries:

  • Argentina
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Bolivia
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Brunei
  • Canada
  • Chile
  • China (Taiwan)
  • Colombia
  • Costa Rica
  • Croatia
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Ethiopia
  • Finland
  • France, Germany
  • Greece
  • Honduras
  • Iran
  • Ireland
  • Israel
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Jordan
  • South Korea
  • Kosovo
  • Latvia
  • Liberia
  • Luxemburg
  • Macedonia
  • Mexico
  • Montenegro
  • Netherlands Norway
  • Oman
  • Pakistan
  • Paraguay
  • Philippines
  • Poland
  • Serbia
  • Singapore
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Suriname
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Thailand
  • Togo
  • Turkey
  • United Kingdom
  • Yugoslavia

In addition, a sales representative must come to the U.S. to perform a substantial part of trade between his country and the USA.

Employees who wish to apply for these visas must come to the U.S. as executives who will oversee the conduct of business in the US. To obtain this type of visa, an applicant must be from an organization which has at least 50% ownership by persons who are citizens of the same country as the applicant from the country listed above.

E1 Visa Rules.

E1 visas give the holder the right to live and work temporarily in the United States. E1 visas are usually granted for two years and then can be extended. If the holder changes his or her business activities, these changes must meet the conditions for issuing E1 visas and must be approved by the USCIS office.

Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age can apply for derivative visas (E1) in order to join their spouses/parents in the USA.

Additional resources.

B-1 business visitor visa
Investor (E) and Trader (E1) Visas
Green Card via Employment
Green Card via Investment

What steps to take next:

  1. Sign Up for our weekly awesome & useful Visa Updates. It’s Free & straight to the point so you can stay updated, motivated and supported.
  2. Leave a reply with any questions that you have or share your experience.  
  3. Order initial FREE consultation with us! Click here to order your consultation today.

We provide Money Back Guarantee!


Sign Up & Get Free Visa Manual
  • Learn How to Work in the U.S.
  • Learn How to Start Your Business in the U.S.
  • Learn How to Get Your Green Card & Life that You Want
If you join our mailing list TODAY, you are going to receive a FREE sample of our Work Visa & Investor Visa Guide to get you started moving toward your dream today!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox

Join other followers