E-1 Treaty traders visa

E1 visas are temporary visas for the business owners who come to the U.S. to oversee the conduct of their international trade business.  A typical business includes the sale of goods, providing services, insurance, transportation, technology and banking services. E1 visas are available only to citizens of countries with which the U.S. signed an agreement.

Partnering Countries for obtaining E1 visas

To obtain this type of visa the applicant must be citizens of one of the following countries:

  • Argentina
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Bolivia
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Brunei
  • Canada
  • Chile
  • China (Taiwan)
  • Colombia
  • Costa Rica
  • Croatia
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Ethiopia
  • Finland
  • France, Germany
  • Greece
  • Honduras
  • Iran
  • Ireland
  • Israel
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Jordan
  • South Korea
  • Kosovo
  • Latvia
  • Liberia
  • Luxemburg
  • Macedonia
  • Mexico
  • Montenegro
  • Netherlands Norway
  • Oman
  • Pakistan
  • Paraguay
  • Philippines
  • Poland
  • Serbia
  • Singapore
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Suriname
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Thailand
  • Togo
  • Turkey
  • United Kingdom
  • Yugoslavia

In addition, a sales representative must come to the U.S. to perform a substantial part of trade between his country and the USA.

Employees who wish to apply for these visas must come to the U.S. as executives who will oversee the conduct of business in the US. To obtain this type of visa, an applicant must be from an organization which has at least 50% ownership by persons who are citizens of the same country as the applicant from the country listed above.

E1 Visa Requirements

E1 visas give the holder the right to live and work temporarily in the United States. E1 visas are usually granted for two years and then can be extended. If the holder changes his or her business activities, these changes must meet the conditions for issuing E1 visas and must be approved by the USCIS office.

Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age can apply for derivative visas (E1) in order to join their spouses/parents in the USA.

E-2 Visa allows investors of small, medium or large enterprises live, work and manage theirs business without any restrictions. Many start-ups are using exactly this type of visa to penetrate into american market.

What steps to take next

  1. Sign Up for our weekly awesome & useful Visa Updates. It’s Free & straight to the point so you can stay updated, motivated and supported.
  2. Leave a reply with any questions that you have about business in the United States!  
  3. Order initial FREE consultation with us! Click here to order your consultation today. 
  4. Learn more about doing business in the United States here.

We provide Money Back Guarantee!


Sign Up & Get Free Visa Manual
  • Learn How to Work in the U.S.
  • Learn How to Start Your Business in the U.S.
  • Learn How to Get Your Green Card & Life that You Want
If you join our mailing list TODAY, you are going to receive a FREE sample of our Work Visa & Investor Visa Guide to get you started moving toward your dream today!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox

Join other followers