Difference between H1B Visa Stamp and H1B Visa Status.


Difference between H1B Visa Stamp and H1B Visa Status.

Following our advice from last blog post you successfully extended your H-1B visa status after three years. But don’t forget that if you want to travel outside the U.S., your valid status is not enough. To re-enter the U.S.A., you need a valid H-1B stamping in your passport. We will show you how to get one in the following paragraphs.

All H1B visa stamps must be issued by the U.S. consulate outside the USA. More precisely, it is advisable to obtain the H1B visa stamping from the Consulate situated in your home country. If you want to apply at the U.S. consulate in a country other than your home country, you need to review the protocol at that Consulate to determine, if you may apply there. The general rule is that you can apply for valid visa only at your home country. Don’t forget that your passport must be valid for six months after the expiration of visa, so if it’s not, it is necessary to renew it. Prior appearing at the Consulate you have to schedule an interview appointment. The Consul will interview you. Make sure to submit the following documents:

Required Documents:

  • DS-160 Form
  • Valid Passport
  • Notice of Action – Form I-797
  • Photograph

Additional Documents:

  • About you:

o   Passports containing all previous U.S. visas, even if expired

o   Birth certificate

o   Photocopy of Social Security Card

o   Resume, including education and work experience

o   Proof of Education (diplomas, certificates, mark sheets)

o   Recommendation Letters

o   Last 6 months bank statements

  • About/from your employer:

o   I-129 Document from Employer to USCIS

o   H-1B Employer Labor Condition Application

o   Support Letter from your employer with his address and detailed description of your roles and responsibilities

o   Proof of Employment (Employment Contract, at least 2 pay stubs from employer, company credential, letter from Human Resources Department)

o   Employers Annual Report

o   Employer’s last two year Tax Returns

o   Photographs of your work location from inside and outside

In order to be successful at the interview and leave with a new H-1B visa stamp in your passport, we advise you to bring with you as many documents from the above list as possible.

Did you like this article?

  1. Sign Up for our weekly awesome & useful Visa Updates. It’s Free & straight to the point so you can stay updated, motivated and supported.
  2. Leave a reply with any questions that you have or share your experience.  
  3. Order initial FREE consultation with us! Click here to order your consultation today.




Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Sign Up & Get Free Visa Manual
  • Learn How to Work in the U.S.
  • Learn How to Start Your Business in the U.S.
  • Learn How to Get Your Green Card & Life that You Want
If you join our mailing list TODAY, you are going to receive a FREE sample of our Work Visa & Investor Visa Guide to get you started moving toward your dream today!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox

Join other followers