Have you ever considered to start or expand your business into the U.S.?
Many people from start-up communities around the world that are thinking about expanding their businesses into the U.S. are puzzled about the immigration and visa policies in the U.S. INA (Immigration and Naturalization Act) sets rules how to obtain E-1, E-2 investor visa, which actually allows business start-ups to expand into the US.
E-1 Treaty Trader Visa
E-1 Treaty Trader Visa is non-immigrant type of visa for a national of a treaty country eligible to be admitted to the U.S. solely to engage in international trade on his or her own behalf.
To qualify for E-1 classification, the treaty trader must:
- be a national of a country, with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation;
- carry on a substantial trade;
- carry on a principal trade between the United States and the treaty country, which qualified the treaty trader for E-1 classification.
Substantial trade generally refers to the continuous flow of sizable international trade items, involving numerous transactions over time.
E-2 Investor Visa
E-2 Investor Visa is non-immigrant type of visa allowing a national of a treaty country to be admitted to the United States when investing a substantial amount of capital in a U.S. business.
What is substantial capital, INA explains in following way:
A substantial amount of capital is:
- substantial in relationship to the total cost of either purchasing an established enterprise or establishing a new one;
- sufficient to ensure the treaty investor’s financial commitment to the successful operation of the enterprise;
- of a magnitude to support the likelihood that the treaty investor will successfully develop and direct the enterprise. The lower the cost of the enterprise, the higher, proportionately, the investment must be to be considered substantial.
What steps to take next
- Sign Up for our weekly awesome & useful Visa Updates. It’s Free & straight to the point so you can stay updated, motivated and supported. If you sign up today, you are going to receive a FREE sample of our Investor Visa Guide.
- Leave a reply with any questions that you have. Share your story or experience about doing business in the US.
- Order initial FREE consultation with us! Click here to order your consultation today.