E-2 Visa allows investors of small, medium or large enterprises live, work and manage theirs business without any restrictions. Many start-ups are using exactly this type of visa to penetrate into american market.
E-2 Visa requirements are:
- Amount of investment. Generally, amount of your investment should be anywhere between $30,000 to $ 500,000. It’s important to keep in mind that your investment must not be marginal but active, real and existing investment.
- Investor must actively manage the business.
- Investor’s spouse and kids will automatically get E2 Visa as a dependents and spouse is allow to apply for work authorization.
- You can apply from abroad or from your home-country.
- Generally it takes 60-90 days to complete all the steps to complete the application for E2 Investment Visa. Additionally, it takes about 3-5 months to receive an approval from USCIS in case you are applying from abroad. However, you can use premium processing that costs you extra fee of USD 1, 225 and you receive your decision in 2 weeks.
- Legal fees are starting somewhere around USD 2,000-8,000 depends on the investment and amount of work.
- Should you hire an attorney? We strongly recommend to hire an attorney because oftentimes USCIS sends a Request for Additional Evidence that can be pretty challenging.
Questions? contact us at email@example.com.