FAQ about Travelling to the U.S.



1) Do I need ESTA or Visitor Visa to the US? 

If you belong to certain country, you may be able to travel to the US on ESTA,Electronic System for Travel Authorization, and is available to citizens of countries that participate in the VWP (Visa Waiver Program). If you not sure whether you are “in” check out the list of countries here.


  • ESTA allows to stay in the US up to 90 days.
  • No extension or change of status.
  • Fee 14$.
  • Valid for 2 years.
  • Biometrics passport required.

Visitor Visa

  • Visitors or Business Visas B1/B2 allows to stay up to 6 months.
  • Extension possible for another 6 months.
  • Fee 128 EUR.
  • Valid for 10 years.
  • Regular passport required without biometrics.

2) What Documents Should I Submit at my Interview? 

  • Present documents showing your intent to return to your home-country (documents show that you are attending school, having fulltime job, family, or some property ownership).
  • Recent bank statements.
  • Returning ticket.
  • Invitation letter to the US.
  • Itinerary in case you are going for a business trip.

3) What if I have a boyfriend/girlfriend in the US? 

Good for you. In case he/she is american citizen, you may show the invitation letter form him/her. Remember that if you are traveling frequently to the US on B visa to see your boyfriend, immigration officers may suspect your intent.

4) How can I change my status while in the US?

Yes, it’s possible to change your status while in the US. You can either a) change your status to a different visa status or b) extend your present status. How to do it? You can either change your status on your own or use our services. You should be careful not to miss your deadline that is the last day on your I-94 white card. Read more about changing your status here.

What steps to take next 

  1. Sign Up for our weekly awesome & useful Visa Updates. It’s Free & straight to the point so you can stay updated, motivated and supported.
  2. Leave a reply with any questions that you may have about travelling to the America!  
  3. Order initial FREE consultation with us! Click here to order your consultation today. 
  4. Get social and share this article with friends who are planning a trip to the US. 





Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Sign Up & Get Free Visa Manual
  • Learn How to Work in the U.S.
  • Learn How to Start Your Business in the U.S.
  • Learn How to Get Your Green Card & Life that You Want
If you join our mailing list TODAY, you are going to receive a FREE sample of our Work Visa & Investor Visa Guide to get you started moving toward your dream today!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox

Join other followers