Green Card Lottery Photo Entrant REQUIREMENTS
Be careful to submit a valid photo that meets all the requirements. Failure to provide a photo that comply with technical requirements will prevent us from proceeding with your green card lottery registration.
- 24 bit color mode, JPEG format, 600 pixels X 600 pixels
- Photographs submitted must be a recent photograph, taken within the last 6 months.
- Digital enhancement or other alterations or retouching are not permitted.
- The original aspect ratio of the image must be preserved. (No image stretching is allowed.)
- The image must contain the full face, neck, and shoulders of the entrant in frontal view with a neutral, non-smiling expression and with eyes open and directed at the camera.
- The image must not contain any parts of the body below the entrant’s shoulders.
- The image must not include other objects or additional people.
- The entrant must be vertically oriented in the image.
- The image must be from a recent (within 6 months) photo of the entrant.
- The subject must directly face the camera.
- The head must not be tilted up, down, or to the side.
- The head height (measured from the top of the head, including the hair, to the bottom of the chin) must be between 50% and 69% of the image’s total height.
- The eye height (measured from the bottom of the image to the level of the eyes) should be between 56% and 69% of the image’s total height.
- The diagram below shows these measurements on a correctly-proportioned image.)