Are you temporarily living in the United States or abroad and seeking to apply for E-1 Treaty Trader or E-2 Treaty Investor visa? Keep reading how to apply for your E visa.
- Carefully review all instructions for “how to apply” on the website of the United States Embassy or Consulate in the country where you will apply for your E visa.
- Complete the online Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 and upload photo and print the application form.
- Schedule an appointment at the Embassy of the U.S. in your country for your visa interview.
- Pay non-refundable visa application fee.
- Gather required documents such as “passport”, “nonimmigrant visa application, form DS-160, confirmation page”, “application fee payment receipt”, “photo”, “Nonimmigrant Treaty Investor/ Treaty Trader Application, Form DS-156E”, other relevant documents like academic certificates, marriage and birth certificates etc.
- Have the documents that identify your company’s nationality of a treaty country, your nationality of a treaty country and financial documents that prove or identify the requirements of your company’s trade/business ready.
- Showing evidence that proves substantial trade of the company where you work (for E-1 visa) or shows your investment and its substantiality (for E-2 visa).
- Attend your visa interview at the U.S. Embassy.
- Keep in mind that any kind of willful misrepresentation or fraudulent behavior may result in the permanent refusal of your visa.
Read more about E-1 Treaty Trader Visa here.
Read more about E-2 Investor Visa here.
Did you like this article?
- Sign Up for our weekly awesome & useful Visa Updates. It’s Free & straight to the point so you can stay updated, motivated and supported.
- Leave a reply with any questions that you have or share your experience.
- Order initial FREE consultation with us! Click here to order your consultation today.