How to Apply for Student F-1 Visa?
F-1 visa is the most common visa to the United States. Before you apply for the student F-1 visa, you need to prepare all the necessary documents. You should double-check those items before you apply. Here is the list of documents that you need in order to apply for your visa.
- Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application form (DS-160).
- I-20 form from the school where you planning to study while in the U.S. Usually schools issue the I-20 after you are accepted into the program.
- You will need a valid passport. Make sure that the expiration date of your passport is in 6 months or later.
- SEVIS fee receipt in order to prove that you have paid the SEVIS fee.
- You will need 5cm X 5cm photo.
- You will also need to show a receipt showing that you have paid $160 for the nonimmigrant F1 visa. This amount is non-refundable.
After you have prepared all the necessary documents you will be ready to apply for the visa. The first step is to pay the visa fee. Without paying the application fee you won’t be able to move ahead in the application process. Then fill out the Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application form (DS-160). Then, you will have to schedule your appointment. To schedule the appointment you will have to provide some information. The first information that you will have to provide is your passport number. You will be able to access the online appointment system via barcode number of 10 digits that appears in your DS-160 confirmation page. The next step is the interview with the U.S. consulate. Prepare well for the interview and bring the necessary documents with you including DS-160 confirmation page, visa fee payment receipt, passport, acceptance letter and one recent photograph.
You will also require few supporting documents as well such as bank statements showing sufficient funds on your account, affidavit of support, the lease agreement, etc. Please remember that if you try to present any false documents your visa application will be rejected.
Did you like this article?
- Sign Up for our weekly awesome & useful Visa Updates. It’s Free & straight to the point so you can stay updated, motivated and supported.
- Leave a reply with any questions that you have or share your experience.
- Order initial FREE consultation with us! Click here to order your consultation today.