How to Apply Step by Step for H2B Seasonal Work Visa?


How to Apply Step by Step for H2B Seasonal Work Visa?

The H-2B visa nonimmigrant program allows employers to hire foreign workers to come temporarily to the U.S. in order to perform temporary non-agricultural services or labor on a one-time, seasonal, peak load or intermittent basis. Last time, we guided you through the first steps in the application procedure, which is obtaining the Temporary Labor Certification (TEC)from the Department of Labor. Let’s recap and proceed to the next steps.

Imagine the situation that your potential employer is an amusement park NAOFUN in Florida and they have a peak load need for ride operators and managers, which is just the kind of job you are looking for. NAOFUN already obtained the Prevailing Wage Determination, fulfilled all prefilling requirements and submitted the application for TEC with supporting documentation to the Chicago National Processing Center (NPC). After reviewing this application, NPC issued a Request for Further Information because NAOFUN forgot to include the signed Recruitment Report. But after fixing all deficiencies addressed by NPC and submitting the Recruitment Report, the Final Determination was issued and NAOFUN obtained the Certification at the end.

Ultimately, we can proceed to the second step in the H2B application procedure. NAOFUN needs to submit form I-129 with the original of TEC and all supporting documentation to the USCIS. Our advice is to write also Cover Letter on an official letterhead where NAOFUN describes the nature of its business, duties that you will be asked to perform, once again explain why need is temporary and why are you qualified for that temporary job. We suggest that NAOFUN submit also all supporting documentation proving that there is a temporary need and you are the right person to satisfy it.

If everything goes smoothly and USCIS approves NAOFUN’s petition, then there is finally last step that you have to go through. If you are outside of the U.S., you have to apply for H2B visa at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate abroad and pass an interview there. Only after receiving the visa stamp in your passport you can enjoy sun and fun in Florida for a few months.

Did you like this article?

  1. Sign Up for our weekly awesome & useful Visa Updates. It’s Free & straight to the point so you can stay updated, motivated and supported.
  2. Leave a reply with any questions that you have or share your experience.  
  3. Order initial FREE consultation with us! Click here to order your consultation today.




Author: Lydia Baluchova

1 Comment

  1. Hi This is Alemayehu From Ethiopia, I need Hospitality job in USA through H2B visa I am active understand what my boss say. I have Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-160).
    Pleas show Me the way how can i get the sponsors.
    Thank you


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Sign Up & Get Free Visa Manual
  • Learn How to Work in the U.S.
  • Learn How to Start Your Business in the U.S.
  • Learn How to Get Your Green Card & Life that You Want
If you join our mailing list TODAY, you are going to receive a FREE sample of our Work Visa & Investor Visa Guide to get you started moving toward your dream today!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox

Join other followers