How to Extend Your E-2 Investor Visa in the United States

120210222870_meeting_minutes_98847The visa expires and has to be renewed every two years. However, there is not a set amount of times regarding how often this can be done. These visas are only available to treaty countries. When investor closes the business, he is required to return to his home country or change his status in the U.S.. A person with an E-2 investor visa can at any time leave the United States.

In order to extend the E2 visa, certain steps are required. The first thing you need to do is submit Form-129 which employers use to allow foreigners to temporarily work or receive training in the United States. The form is also used for extended stays or a change of status. After submitting Form-129, another document, Form-539, must also be submitted. This is generally used when requesting an extension of stay, a reinstatement of a person’s status or if a person wants to change nonimmigrant categories.

After those two forms are submitted, you also need to submit copies of the following documents: your Form I-94 Arrival-Departure document, your original Form I-797, Notice of Action (if your status was extended or previously approved), your passport, your E-2 visa, and your personal and United States business income tax returns and payroll tax returns for the previous two years. You will also need to submit a letter that states why your extension is necessary.

Did you like this article?

  1. Sign Up for our weekly awesome & useful Visa Updates. It’s Free & straight to the point so you can stay updated, motivated and supported.
  2. Leave a reply with any questions that you have or share your experience.  
  3. Order initial FREE consultation with us! Click here to order your consultation today.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Sign Up & Get Free Visa Manual
  • Learn How to Work in the U.S.
  • Learn How to Start Your Business in the U.S.
  • Learn How to Get Your Green Card & Life that You Want
If you join our mailing list TODAY, you are going to receive a FREE sample of our Work Visa & Investor Visa Guide to get you started moving toward your dream today!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox

Join other followers