Immigration Reform in U.S. – Dreamers Deferred Action is Almost Here!

Tomorrow, August 15 2012, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), releases the application forms available on the USCIS website and starts accepting deferred action petitions. Thousands of undocumented young immigrants finally have a chance to start their dream life in the United States.

Who is eligible to qualify for the Deferred Action proceeding

1)     Persons between ages15 and 31;

2)     came to the United States under the age of 16;

3)     that has been living in the US for at least 5 years;

4)     and that are currently in school, recently graduated from school, or are a member of the armed services;

5)     applicants will also need to pay an application fee.

Where and what documents to file?

Please check out the USCIS website and follow the instruction. Be prepared to provide the following documentation:

1)     You must establish your identity and that you are at least 15 years of age and that you were not 31 years of age at the time of the announcement on 15 June 2012;

  • Birth Certificate
  • Passport
  • Another similar document

2)     you must prove that you arrived in the US under the age of 16;

  • Bank/Lease statements
  • Utility bills
  • Cell phone bills
  • School Transcripts

3)     prove that you have continuously resided in the US for at least five (5) years;

4)     prove that you have graduated from High school or are currently attending school;

  • High School Diploma
  • Official School Transcript

5)     if you are a Veteran of the US Coast Guard or Armed Forces, you will need to show proof of having been HONORABLY discharged, please submit the Form DD-214.

Do I need to hire a professional to help me with my case?

The information regarding the application process with straightforward guidelines will be available on the USCIS website, tomorrow August 15 2012. If your case is more complicated and  you need an assistance with consultation, contact either qualified  immigration attorney or accredited representative, who is licensed by BIA. To be sure that you are dealing with an immigration attorney, contact local Supreme Court, where you can check whether such attorney is in good standing. Be aware of notaries, people not authorized to practice immigration law, which are trying to make money  out of your case, by asking you to pay ridiculously high fees. Also, you can check the filing fees online at the USCIS website.

If you need an assistance, contact Navrat & Oslanec, Attorney at Laws, who will provide an  initial consultation for free.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Sign Up & Get Free Visa Manual
  • Learn How to Work in the U.S.
  • Learn How to Start Your Business in the U.S.
  • Learn How to Get Your Green Card & Life that You Want
If you join our mailing list TODAY, you are going to receive a FREE sample of our Work Visa & Investor Visa Guide to get you started moving toward your dream today!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox

Join other followers