If you happen to be in one of the following five categories, you can get a Green Card via employment. These categories are presented according to preference (that means first preference is given to EB-1):
EB-1 Category (applicable for the workers who have a great priority):
- Individuals who have “extraordinary” skills in sciences, education, arts, athletics or business
- Individuals who are researchers and professors of outstanding status
- Multi-national executives or managers
EB-2 Category (applicable for professionals who have “exceptional ability” or an “advanced degree”):
- Individuals who have an “advanced” degree in their career
- Individuals who have exceptional and excellent skills in business, arts or the sciences
EB-3 Category (applicable for professional workers or skilled workers):
- Individuals who are professionals who have a bachelor’s degree but who are not qualified for EB-1 or EB-2 category
- Individuals who are workers who have good skills and 2 years of training (minimum) and experience
- Workers who have less than 2 years training and experience
- EB-3 is usually used for most professions. Some of these, although not an inclusive list, are: Engineering (all types), Medical, Computing and IT, Teaching, Banking, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Telecoms, HealthCare, Legal, PR, Sales, Advertising, Business Management, Business Administration, etc.
EB-4 Categories (applicable for special immigrants):
- Individuals who are former or current employers of the United States Government who live abroad
- Religious workers who have membership in the U.S. Non-profit Religious Organization
EB-5 Categories (applicable for immigrant investors):
- Individuals who want to set up a new profitable business in the U.S.
- Investors who have invested in a new, profitable business
- Investors who create new employment in the U.S.
Did you like this article?
- Sign Up for our weekly awesome & useful Visa Updates. It’s Free & straight to the point so you can stay updated, motivated and supported.
- Leave a reply with any questions that you have or share your experience.
- Order initial FREE consultation with us! Click here to order your consultation today.