The E-2 visa or treaty investor visa has distinctive conditions and requirements that allow you to enjoy the opportunities to oversee business processes and live in the United States. This type of visa is valuable for foreign nationals who wish to live in the United States or who are not yet qualified for a Green Card. E-2 treaty trader or investor visas are non-immigrant visas.
The qualifications for E-2 Investor Trader Visa:
- To apply for E-2 investor trader visa, you must have citizenship of a treaty country.
- You must have 10% shareholding in your business enterprise with your treaty country’s nationality.
- Your investment must be substantial. The question is – what is substantial investment? Substantial investment means the minimum amount of capital that is sufficient to ensure booming operations of your business enterprise.
- Your investment must be a real operating business enterprise. It must be a running entrepreneurial or commercial enterprise.
- Any idle or speculative investment will not be qualified for E-2 Investor Trader Visa.
- Any uncommitted funds in your bank account will not be considered as substantial investment.
- Your business enterprise must have significant impact on the economy of the United States. It must be more income than the costs of providing a living to your family and you.
- You must have the power of controlling funds.
- Loans secured with the properties of your investment enterprise will not be allowed.
- You have to come to the United States to operate and develop your business enterprise.
- Your trade involved must be an international exchange of services or products between your treaty country and the United States.
- If you are not a principal investor, you will be employed as an executive, supervisor or the professional of specialized knowledge.
Remember there is a difference between E-2 Treaty Investor visa and EB-5 immigrant visa (Green card via investment). Read more about EB-5 here.
Did you like this post?
- Sign Up for our weekly Visa Updates. It’s Free & straight to the point so you can stay updated, motivated and supported.
- Leave a reply with any questions that you have or share your experience.
- Order initial FREE consultation with us! Click here to order your consultation today.