I-visas are temporary visas for representatives of foreign press, radio, TV or other media. Journalists, reporters and TV workers who apply for an I-visa, usually travel to the USA exclusively to work on media material that must be beneficial to the viewers / readers in their home country.

Conditions for obtaining Journalist I-visa

To obtain the I-visa the applicant must be an employee of foreign media, an independent journalist or other person having a contract with a media organization and applicant travels to the USA only to work in his/her profession.

Rules for Journalist I-visa

I-visa gives the holder the right to work temporarily in the United States for period of two (2) years. Spouse and unmarried children under 21 years can apply for derivative visas in order to join spouse/parent in the USA. These dependants are allowed to study in the United States, but they are not allowed to be employed without proper work visa.

Additional resources

H1B work visa
H2B seasonal work visa
O-1 work visa for people with extra-ordinary abilities

Things to do next 

  1. Sign Up for our weekly awesome & useful Visa Updates. It’s Free & straight to the point so you can stay updated, motivated and supported.
  2. Leave a reply with any questions that you have. 
  3. Order initial FREE consultation with us! Click here and order your consultation today. 

We do provide Money Back Guarantee! 


Sign Up & Get Free Visa Manual
  • Learn How to Work in the U.S.
  • Learn How to Start Your Business in the U.S.
  • Learn How to Get Your Green Card & Life that You Want
If you join our mailing list TODAY, you are going to receive a FREE sample of our Work Visa & Investor Visa Guide to get you started moving toward your dream today!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox

Join other followers