R-1 visas are temporary work visas that are designed for church officials and other church workers who have been offered a job in a non-profit religious organization or an organization associated with religion. Dignitaries and other church workers with permanent full-time employment can apply for green cards as special immigrants.

Requirements for R1 visa

The R1 visa applicant must be a member of a religious organization with a work position (paid or unpaid) aiming at a religious post at a non-profit religious organization in the United States. Job offer must include a minimum of 20 hours of work per week. The applicant must be a member of his/her church organization for at least two years prior to applying for this type of visa.

R1 visa rules

R1 Visa holders have the right to live and work in the USA. The R1 visa is usually granted for three years and can be extended. Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age can apply for derivative visas in order to join spouse / parent in the USA. These partners / children are not allowed to study in the United States without a student visa and delete “also they” are not allowed to work without proper work visa.

Things to do next 

  1. Sign Up for our weekly awesome & useful Visa Updates. It’s Free & straight to the point so you can stay updated, motivated and supported.
  2. Leave a reply with any questions that you have. 
  3. Order initial FREE consultation with us! Click here and order your consultation today. 
Sign Up & Get Free Visa Manual
  • Learn How to Work in the U.S.
  • Learn How to Start Your Business in the U.S.
  • Learn How to Get Your Green Card & Life that You Want
If you join our mailing list TODAY, you are going to receive a FREE sample of our Work Visa & Investor Visa Guide to get you started moving toward your dream today!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox

Join other followers